Friday, November 6, 2015

The WGSD....A Great Place to Learn!

Good afternoon,

In my role in the WGSD, I get to see students and staff engage in really powerful learning opportunities that are relevant, challenging, and rewarding.  Below is a "sampler" of some of what I've witnessed over the past two weeks.  All I can say is, "I wish my personal memories of school looked something like this!

Each child, Each day...John

3rd graders from Hudson collaborate with WGHS students to draft and create simple machines.



Hixson 8th grade students test water filters they made to determine if they are capable of filtering at least 200 ml of water in 30 minutes or less.




A Vietnam Veteran shares his story with high school students about being a Sentry Dog Handler during the War.



Check out this rhythm two 2nd grade students at Bristol created using Garage Band and then their own voices.



This Steger student is in the process of writing an excellent story about "a special place."



This 2nd grade student from Clark worked very hard to create a unique instrument as the children learned about sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment